Kingdom Faith Training College offers 2 courses, the first is a Diploma in Christian Discipleship & Ministry and the second is a Diploma in Christian Leadership & Ministry. The teaching programme consists of a mixture of lectures, group work where students interact with one another and their lecturers, and practical application. Both courses are grounded in the truth of God's Word and the foundation of understanding who you are in Christ.
Our comprehensive teaching syllabus is just one part of the student experience at Kingdom Faith Training College. Whether serving at one of our congregations on a Sunday, sharing their faith with people they meet on weekly missions or learning to live with people from all ages and backgrounds in the residential College campus, our students learn the importance of taking hold of what God has said through His Word and living it out in their everyday lives.
First year students study:
- The essential principles of living as a disciple of Jesus Christ
- Exposition of the scriptures in both Old and New Testaments, including a detailed study of John’s Gospel
- How to develop a fulfilling life of prayer and worship
- How to hear personally from God
- The position of living in Christ Jesus given to believers
- Becoming a people of faith and love who live at one with Jesus
- How to live the lifestyle of God’s Kingdom on earth
- Christian character and relationships
- How to exercise the authority and power given to believers
- God’s heart for Israel and the Middle East
- How to be an effective witness to non-believers
- Apologetics and a basic understanding of other religions
Second year students study:
- How to pastor and counsel people with the truth of God’s Word and Spirit
- A biblical understanding of the Church and Church leadership
- Practical ministry in the power of the Spirit
- Giving and testing prophecy
- Healing the sick and deliverance
- In depth study of the letter to the Romans and the doctrine of salvation
- A survey of revival history in the Church
- Further development of relationship with God in prayer, worship, faith and discipleship
In addition to the first and second year teaching programmes, students can opt to be part of a study group tutored by Colin Urquhart who has reduced his travelling schedule in order to invest more time in teaching and training the students.
Kingdom Faith is dedicated to helping people win and make disciples in their everyday lives. Through weekly missions lectures, students gain the confidence to share their faith with others and are given the tools to disciple people effectively. Every week students go out into the local community in missions teams.
The College year consists of three 10-week terms starting in October. The first week of each term starts with a week of morning & evening lectures to encounter God. The normal lecture programme runs from 8am-1pm, Monday to Friday. There is the flexibility to attend College as well as having a part-time job and maintain family commitments if living outside of College.
At the end of the 3rd term there is 4-5 week placement at one of our partnering Churches, either in the UK or overseas.
Students graduate in July at Faith Camp which is Kingdom Faith’s annual summer event held at the Peterborough Arena.
Kingdom Faith Training College, working with ForMission, equips Christians and leaders to transform their communities through accredited training, thoughtful leadership & missional support.
After completing our Diploma in Christian Discipleship & Ministry students can enrol with ForMission College to complete a 3 year Honours degree in Mission & Theology. ForMission College have developed an innovative learning programme that equips students for practical ministry and their undergraduate programme is accredited by York St John University.
This is a full academic course, a BA in Mission & Theology, but it is rooted in practical mission and discipleship.
- Weekly Study at London or Leeds ForMission Campus
- Full-time or part-time study
- Eligible for Government student loan funding
- Weekly Cluster Groups
- An option to combine the course with a Kingdom Faith Internship
- Practical placements at Kingdom Faith Church in Horsham, Scarborough or by arrangement with your own congregation